The Weidner Foundation is dedicated to preserving and honoring John Weidner’s legacy, and to cultivating selfless and courageous action in the spirit of Weidner and the Dutch-Paris Escape Line of World War II. We are doing this through these initiatives:
- The Weidner Rescuers Award shines a spotlight on persons who have risked their lives to save others faced with genocide, ethnic cleansing, human trafficking, or religious persecution.
- The Butler University Weidner Chapter provides scholarships to students who have displayed selfless service to their communities.
- The Weidner Collection of historical documents, housed at Stanford University, preserves Weidner’s life story and the records of the Dutch-Paris Escape Line that he so courageously led.
- Weidner Foundation Books brings the story of Dutch-Paris to a wide audience through publications about John Weidner and the Dutch-Paris Escape Line.
- The Weidner Film Project. The Weidner Foundation is the legal holder of the life story rights of John Weidner. We are actively working, in partnership with others, to realize a longstanding dream of both John and the Foundation and see John’s story told on film in a way that is artistically excellent and morally inspiring.
Explore our website or contact us to learn more about these and other Foundation projects, and to start a conversation about ways we can work together to achieve shared goals.